Monday, April 22, 2013

All in a Flap

I am finding it hard to believe that here I am in week 3 of






Vote here

The theme this week was
"Something for yourself"
I totally did that last week with the couch, all the kids are too scared to sit on it because it's mum's couch lol
The boys even freaked out when I asked them to jump on it for my last post and got off as soon as I said we were finished :)
Anyway if last week had me out of my comfort zone this week was like going from the frying pan into the fire!
I am not a fan of sewing for myself. The first time I did it looked like this
Yep making that a small picture lol
I have also made myself a long red velvet skirt that my kids call the curtain skirt (you wont be getting a picture of that lol)
I learnt this week that I'm not a great model either
These are the ones I could just handle you seeing - trust me there was worse!!!!
I much prefer to be on the other side of the camera - a big thank you to Kate Walter for putting up with me saying "I don't know what to do" every 5 seconds
Now that all of that is out of the way lets get on with talking about what I actually made this week.

All in a Flap


A moderntwist on a 1920's look.
This outfit includes

1.  grey pin stripe pants “designer fabric”(I’m not sure what thatmeans, but its definitely got spandex in it) The spandex makes this so comfortable, I defintely feel like I can bend over without splitting them lol. It was my first go at drafting pants for myself. They have an elasticated top so look dressy enough but are comfy like PJs :)
2.  bold printheavy satin drop waisted top with bronze hand sequined neck detailing. I love sequins it must be the performer in me ;)The top was a fairly simple idea almost like this one from Simlpe Simon and Co. I added some sleeve shaping and it has short splits at the top and a some shaping in the neck hole. It was the top that was inspired by the 1920's kinda based on "The One Hour Dress" It just has a casing for 1.5 inch elastic just under the hip mark so it can be hitched up.
3.  refashioned black cardigan (was a turtle neck sweater). I have had this sweater/jumper for about 8 years and I have loved it. This is its second refashion. I ripped the turtle neck off after about a year, they don't really suit me. It's really stretchy and quite thin so great for a spring/autmn outfit.
4.  drill and satin bag with 3 internal pockets for my phone, purseand glasses. I LOVE this bag. I was inspired by this one
You can buy this one for$320 
Mine cost me about $40

There you have it, my modern take on a 1920's outfit
Now if you will excuse I might just watch some Downton Abbey in my new outfit on my new couch :)
after I vote of course, I would be thrilled if you did too, pretty please :)


Vote here
Stephanie xoxo

2 comments:

  1. you're so fun!
    I can't believe that you sewed a whole outfit AND a bag (what an awesome bag, btw)... and there you are sitting on YOUR new couch :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a wonderful outfit! You did such a great job - you described the pants so well I want a pair!!! :)

    ReplyDelete