Saturday, October 20, 2012

Mix & Match

Jack is off to a birthday party today for a little girl in his class.
I told her mother I would make her a dress but decided to make a whole closet full of clothes
(well almost but not quite)


I chose 3 colours for my palate.
Pink, Yellow and Turquoise.
I picked those colours because the singlets came in a pack of 3 in those colours.
I didn't buy anything else for this project.
My stash is getting huge and Martin said perhaps I should try sewing with some of it lol.




I made 2 skirts.
This first one is quilting cotton.
It is just a 3 layer simple elastic waist skirt.
The difference in length for each layer is 2 inches.



The second one is made from seersucker and is just a little more subtle in colour.
other than the fabric it is exactly the same as the other one :)


Each singlet was embellished differently to help them look a little less like singlets ;)


The clip/hairpin was an after thought to mix things up.
I love these backs with a pin and a clip.

All up I am very happy.
For those of you wondering why I didn't do a signiture style for PR&P I just don't know what it is yet.
Maybe I will know for next season.

No comments:

Post a Comment