Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My "Fairy Hearts" Quilt

My first attempt at a full size quilt was so much fun. It was definitely an adventure. I really loved the pattern Fairy Hearts so I gave it a go with my own choice of materials. Following a pattern certainly saves time, doing all the cutting then all the sewing

more cutting(not my fav thing!).

When I had almost finished the front my stupid sewing machine died :(
But that ended up being great as of course I just had to buy a new one(which I love!)
I was really happy with how it turned out.


I don't know if this happens to anyone else but I reckon quilts talk to you ( I swear I'm not that mad) Anyway they seem to tell me who they are for. I felt very strongly that this one was for my sister Jackie. Yesterday I received this pic of Jackie in the mail. I guess I was right.

1 comment:

  1. It's always nice to get a photo of the quilt with its owner. It looks gorgeous! Now, we just have to talk about those voices in your head....

    ReplyDelete